Otherwise known as a Spiralizer or Spiral Slicer, this Japanese version by Benriner is our premium quality choice of horizontal spiralizer. Used by chefs and raw food enthusiasts worldwide, the Benriner Turning Slicer prepares delicate angel hair garnish from hard vegetables and it spiral slices all hard fruit and vegetables to spruce up your salads and stir fries.
It’s a fairly compact horizontal spiralizer with a very solid build quality. There’s a single cutting blade to which you can add one of three serrated blades, to make 1mm, 2.5mm or 4mm noodles from veg up to 13cm in diameter. Or with no extra blade it cuts spiral slices from veg up to 17cm in diameter. All sizes leave a core of 1.1cm waste.
Cutting is impressive, producing good spirals. The 1mm “angel hair” blade is best for hard veg like carrots into vermicelli – they make superb coleslaw. While the thicker 2.5mm blade is better for making noodles from soft veg like courgettes.
(Please beware of cheaper chinese copies masquerading as the Benriner Japanese Turning Slicer - this is the original, premium quality version)
- High-quality stainless steel blades provide a clean and sharp cut to any vegetable.
- Different blades gives you the ability to slice in various ways:
- Standard flat blade cuts perfect slices and adjusts for thickness.
- Fine-toothed blade will help you create elegant vegetable garnishes for professional-looking meals.
- Medium-toothed blade is excellent for quick and easy uniform stir-fry pieces that will cook up in a flash.
- Coarse-toothed blade can make chunky and crisp cuts of vegetable or fruits.
- Great for potatoes, onions, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, apples and peaches.