Age verification and why we do it
We here at Kitchenknives.co.uk value our customers safety above all else and take our social responsibility very seriously. As part of our commitment to our customers we have put an age check system in place to ensure that nobody makes a purchase of a bladed item without being of a legal age. You don’t need to worry or do anything different as this process is automatic, you won’t even know it is happening.
How Does It Work?
To achieve this we use specialised software provided by Agechecked.com. All you need to do is complete your order as normal on our web site following the prompts and providing your order details. These automatic checks will be done as part of the order process. It couldn’t be simpler. All you have to do is sit back and wait for your order.
What If It Doesn’t Pass?
On the rare occasion a check cannot be completed automatically you will receive email prompts advising that we haven’t been able to dispatch your order until the age checked process is completed. We can get in touch via text and email so if you do receive either of these it is intentional and part of the service we provide.
Tips to ensure a successful age verification:
- You can verify your age by using a credit card; you can be under the age of 18 and have a debit card so if you use a debit card then this unfortunately will not result in a successful age verification.
- Please ensure to use your full name as per your birth certificate, any abbreviations, or shorted names along with any salutations will not work.
- You need to use your electoral roll address; if you have recently moved; please use the address that you were registered to. If you haven’t elected to be on the electoral roll then please verify your age using a credit card.
- If you are unable to verify your age please call the team or send an email to [email protected] and a member of the team will be more than happy to assist further to verify your age.
- If you are struggling with the system, simply send a picture of your passport or drivers licence showing your name, date of birth and photo ID and we will manually verify your age and proceed with the order.
- The order will have been received even if you are required to verify your age. You do not need to place any further orders.
- Please note, if you are not a UK resident you’ll need to manually verify your age rather than use the AgeCheck process, please call the team or send an email to [email protected] and a member of the team will be more than happy to assist further to verify your age.
Is It Safe?
Agechecked operate a highly secure and robust system. Their technology is based on the British Standard code of practice PAS:1296 and they do not hold any customer personal details at all to complete this process. The information is simply used to complete the check and not recorded.
Does It Effect Deliveries?
Any order will only be despatched once the agechecked process has been completed. For an additional level of check we also operate a policy of age check deliveries. When our specialist delivery partner completes our deliveries they will perform a visual check on the person using the challenge 25 policy. If the delivery driver feels the person receiving the parcel may be below this age they will ask to see some ID for proof of age of the person receiving the delivery to be over 18.
If you have any further questions with regards to the Agechecked process please feel free to contact us on [email protected] and we will be happy to talk through any element with you.