Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents expressly referred to on) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we sell any of the products ("Products") listed on our website ("our site") to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you ("Contract"). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it. You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. Information about us
- 1.1 We operate the website www.kitchenknives.co.uk. We are Gastronomy Plus Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07031979 and with our registered office at Central Barn Claughton Business Park, Hornby Road, Claughton, Lancaster LA2 9JX . Our main trading address is our registered address. Our VAT number is GB 116 6238 25.
- 1.2 To contact us, please see our Contact Us page
2. Our Products
- 2.1 The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- 2.2 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- 2.3 Please note all packaging supplied with the knife is for transportation purposes only. If packaging does arrive damaged in transit this will not warrant a return or replacement as it does not impact on the product itself.
- 2.4 All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order if made.
- 2.5 We reserve the right to amend the specification of the Products if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
3. Use of our site
- 3.1 Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of Service use. Please take the time to read the terms, as it includes important information which applies to you.
4. How we use your personal information
5. If you are a customer
- This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 5.1 If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- 5.2 As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
6. If you are a business customer
- This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
- 6.1 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
- 6.2 These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them
7. How the contract is formed between you and us
- 7.1 Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- 7.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 7.3.
- 7.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- 7.4 All orders may be subject to further credit or security checks.
- 7.5 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 13.7, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
8. Our right to vary these terms
- 8.1 We may revise these Terms from time to time in the fullowing circumstances:
- (a) changes in how we accept payment from you;
- (b) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- (c) changes in the nature and make-up of our business.
- 8.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
9. Your right to return and refund
- This clause 9 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 9.1 If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract (under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) during the period set out below in clause 9.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract under these regulations is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- 9.2 However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- (a) any made-to-measure or custom-made products or products made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- (b) newspapers, periodicals, recipe books or magazines;
- (c) perishable goods, such as food, drink or fresh flowers;
- (d) software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which you have opened or unsealed.
- 9.3 Subject to the conditions in this clause 9, Products sold in the UK mainland may be returned for a refund, exchange or replacement within 14 workings days provided they are returned unused, in a saleable condition and in their original packaging. Certain items may be subject to a restocking fee. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, which is when the Contract between us is formed.
- 9.4 To cancel a Contract, please contact us in writing to tell us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a letter to Central Barn, Claughton Business Park, Hornby Road, Claughton, Lancaster LA2 9JX or please contact our Customer Services telephone line . You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail or posted the letter to us. If you call us to notify us of your cancellation, then your cancellation is effective from the date you telephone us.
- 9.5 You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products less the applicable delivery charge of £10. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation as described in clause 9.4. If you returned the Products to us because they were faulty or mis-described, please see clause 9.6.
- 9.6 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 9 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us. The costs incurred in returning a faulty item to us will only be refunded on production of a valid receipt and/or proof of postage. If returned Products are not faulty after inspection the costs incurred in returning the Product will not be refunded.
- 9.7 We refund you via the method used by you to pay.
- 9.8 If the Products were delivered to you:
- (a) you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonably practicable;
- (b) unless the Products are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 9.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us;
- (c) you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
- 9.9 As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy in this clause 9 or these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
10. Title and risk
- 10.1 The risk in the Products shall pass to you on completion of delivery.
- 10.2 Title to the Products shall not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cleared funds) for:
- (a) the Products; and
- (b) any delivery or insurance charges in respect of the Product.
- 10.3 Until title to the Products has passed to you, you shall:
- (a) hold the Products on a fiduciary basis as our bailee;
- (b) store the Products separately from all other goods and products held by you so that they remain readily identifiable as our property;
- (c) not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Products;
- (d) maintain the Products in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery; and
- (e) give us such information relating to the Products as we may require from time to time.
- 11.1 Wherever possible, we will deliver from our UK stock, but where this is not possible delivery will be made by the manufacturer directly. Deliveries are subject to our delivery charges as set out on this page
- 11.2 Where your order will be delivered from our UK stock, your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
- 11.3 You are responsible for providing facilities for off-loading delivery vehicles.
- 11.4 Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
- 11.5 If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises or our delivery agents premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery within 3 business days. If after 7 business days, you have not taken delivery of the Products, we may resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Products and, after deducting reasonable storage and selling costs, account to you for any excess over the price of the Products or charge you for any shortfall below the price of the Products.
- 11.6 The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery. We will only be held liable for damaged goods when signed for as 'received damaged'.
- 11.7 You must inform us of all damages and/or short delivery within 1 working day of delivery by sending an e-mail to by contacting our Customer Services telephone line.
- 11.8 You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges. 12 International delivery.
12. International Delivery
- 12.1 Subject to the additional delivery charges we deliver to the countries listed on this page ("International Delivery Destinations"). However there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
- 12.2 If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- 12.3 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 12.4 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
13. Price of products and delivery charges
- 13.1 The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time in pounds sterling. We reserve the right to amend and revise the prices quoted. The prices in Euro's on our website are indicative only prices and are not guaranteed as accurate. The prevailing currency is pounds sterling and when you place your order your purchase will be processed in pounds sterling.
- 13.2 We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system in pounds sterling. However if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 13.7 for what happens in this event.
- 13.3 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
- 13.4 Unless otherwise stated the price of a Product excludes value added tax ("VAT") (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- 13.5 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Charges page
- 13.6 An insurance charge may be payable in addition to the price of the Products.
- 13.7 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Without limitation to the foregoing, please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
14. How to pay
- 14.1 You can pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the fullowing cards: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We also accept payment via PayPal and SagePay.
- 14.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will charge your debit card or credit card at the time of ordering.
- 14.3 We reserve the right to charge interest on late or overdue payments. If you fail to make any payment due to us under the Contract by the due date for payment, then you shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above Santander UK PLC's base rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
- 14.4 You shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withhulding (except for any deduction or withhulding required by law). We may at any time, without limiting any other rights or remedies we may have, set off any amount owing by you against any amount payable by us to you.
15. Your liability for invoices if you are a business
- This clause only applies if you are a business customer.
- 15.1 If an order is placed by a partnership each of the partners is jointly and severally liable for payment of our invoices. If an order is placed by a company, the directors will be personally liable (jointly and severally) for our charges if the company does not pay our invoices when they are due for payment. If an order is placed by a limited liability partnership each of the members is jointly and severally liable for payment of our invoices if the limited liability partnership does not pay our invoices when they are due for payment. If an order is placed by a corporation, society, unincorporated association or trust ("organisation"), the executive officers/trustees of the organisation will be personally liable (jointly and severally) for our charges if the organisation does not pay our invoices when they are due for payment. In these circumstances we may credit original invoices and issue new invoices to any one or more of the liable parties. You are deemed to have expressly agreed to these terms once you have placed an order and signed the credit application.
16. Manufacturer guarantees
- 16.1 Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Products.
- 16.2 If you are a consumer, a manufacturer's guarantee is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
17. Our warranty for the Products
- 17.1 For Products which do not have a manufacturer's guarantee, we provide a warranty that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from delivery, the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clause 17.2 or to those items excluded in clauses 17.3 and 17.4.
- 17.2 The warranty in clause 17.1 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
- (a) fair wear and tear;
- (b) wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
- (c) if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
- (d) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
- (e) any specification provided by you.
- 17.3 Gaskets, refrigerants, filter driers, shelves, tray slides, castors and legs, electric lamps, fuses, keys, locks, glass, filters, mains plugs and leads, hose connections and consumables are excluded from clause 17.1 and are warranted to be free from defect on delivery only.
- 17.4 Products marked 'No commercial warranty' are suld without any warranties unless otherwise stated.
- 17.5 Warranties for parts and labour under this clause 17 are valid in the UK mainland only.
- 17.6 Products reported faulty within the period specified in clause 17.1 may be repaired, replaced or exchanged at our discretion.
- 17.7 We may at our discretion invalidate our warranty for any Product which has been or suspected to have been altered, tampered with, services, repaired or attended to without our prior endorsement or approval.
- 17.8 If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
18. Our liability if you are a business
- This clause 18 only applies if you are a business customer.
- 18.1 We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
- 18.2 Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- (d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- 18.3 Subject to clause 18.2, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- (a) any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- (b) loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- (c) loss of business opportunity;
- (d) loss of anticipated savings;
- (e) loss of goodwill; or
- (f) any indirect or consequential loss.
- 18.4 Subject to clause 18.2 and clause 18.3, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed £100,000 (ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS).
- 18.5 Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
19. Our liability if you are a consumer
- This clause 19 only applies if you are a consumer.
- 19.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- 19.2 We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 19.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- (d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- (e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
20. Events outside our control
- 20.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 20.2 .
- 20.2 An "Event Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- 20.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- (a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- (b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
21. Communications between us
- 21.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
- 21.2 If you are a consumer:
- (a) To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you must contact us in writing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to Central Barn, Claughton Business Park, Hornby Road, Claughton, Lancaster LA2 9JX. Alternatively, please contact our Customer Services telephone line. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail or posted the letter to us. If you call us to notify us of your cancellation, then your cancellation is effective from the date you telephone us.
- (b) If you wish to contact us in writing for any other reason, you can send this to us by e-mail at email@example.com or by pre-paid post to Gastronomy Plus Ltd at Central Barn, Claughton Business Park, Hornby Road, Claughton, Lancaster LA2 9JX or. You can always contact us using our Customer Services telephone line.
It is against the law to sell knives to persons who are under the age of 18 and it is our responsibility as a responsible retailer to ensure that we are taking the steps necessary to ensure that our customers are 18 or over.
We have two steps in our process to verify age.
What Is The Age Check Process?
1. Age Verification
We use Age Verification software at checkout for all orders.
We in the first instance attempt to verify age in real time with the information you provide at check out. It is very important that you enter correctly the billing details to give the best possible opportunity for us to verify your age. If the details entered are verified you may proceed with the order. If we are unable to verify your age we ask that you click the age verification button. Here a popup will be presented which will give you a number of different options for completing an Age Check successfully.
- Driving License; If you have a driving license, enter your details, including your driving license number.
- Credit Card; if you have a credit card, simply enter the details requested. Please note that this is not used as a method of payment, nor are any funds taken as part of this process. Your card details are used to confirm your age only.
- UK Mobile Phone; this method will only be applicable if you have verified your phone and your age with your network provider. If you have not, then please use one of the other options.
All data is handled sensitively and securely. Checks are carried out by third party software from which all personal information is removed after the check is carried out and we do not have access to the information provided.
2. Age Verified Delivery
All orders placed on our website are subject to a age verified delivery. Age Verified delivery requires a signature from a person 18 or over and ID may be requested to confirm their age.
My age check was unsuccessful what next?
If you are 18 or older and the address check fails please ensure all of the information you provide is correct. A simple mistake on your details can mean the verification fails.
You may also be unable to complete an Age Verification on our website if all of these statements apply;
- You do not hold a current UK driving license
- You do not own a current credit card
- You do not own a UK mobile phone that is content unlocked
If we are still unable to verify your age please contact us and we will attempt to verify your ID manually, however we cannot accept orders over the telephone without a positive verification of age and will need copies of any documents requested.