This Sabatier Edonist full knife block set contains the most popular knives in the range all housed in a very stylish beech wood and black Paris design block.
The knives contained within the set are as follows:
- Paring knife, straight edge blade (4") 10cm
- Utility knife, microserrated blade (4 3/4") 12cm
- Carving knife, straight edge blade (8") 20cm
- Bread knife, serrated blade (8") 20cm
- Cooks knife, straight edge blade (8") 20cm
Re-imagined for the 21st Century Sabatier Edonist knives are manufactured by Lion Sabatier in Thiers, France, the home of the original Sabatier knives since 1852 and the birthplace of French cutlery.
When Peter Maturi Snr. started trading in 1899, and selling high quality kitchen knives, the first brand he imported was an original Lion Sabatier range. These were sourced from the same factory that we are now dealing with to supply the Sabatier Edonist range that is available EXCLUSIVELY in the U.K through kitchenknives.co.uk.
Created from N4116 Nitro+ steel the Edonist range combines the most modern and up-to-date materials and manufacturing processes with over 150 years of knowledge and experience to create a truly unique, and high quality, range of kitchen knives.
Composition of the unique 4116 Nitro+ steel:
Chromium-Molybdenium-Vanadium & Nitrogen (X50CrMoV15)
The high carbon and nitrogen content of this steel creates a knife that has very good corrosion resistance versus hardness properties - this is the perfect type of steel for a high-quality kitchen knife as it provides an exceptionally sharp, long lasting cutting edge combined with ease of care.
- Fully forged knife made from high quality N4116 Nitro+ steel.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Made in Thiers, France.
- Excellent sharpness and edge retention.
- Contemporary modern styling.
- Hand finished and polished.
- Rockwell hardness of 58° (this is the same as a Global knife).
- Not suitable for dishwashing - hand wash in warm water with a mild detergent, rinse, dry immediately and store safely.